Saturday, September 29, 2007

More Articles, Stories, Observations For You

NOTICE: We've Moved! Please click here to be taken to the new location!!

Here are some more articles, stories, observations and tips from the past year at Adversity University:

1. Power of Thanking People w/ Handwritten Notes - I'm a big believer in taking the time to thank people who helped you in some way, with personalized thank you notes, which I think goes a long way these days. This is another one of those "timeless" articles that will never go out of style.

2. Passion at Southwest Airlines - One of my favorite airlines on what passion can do for the entire company. This is one of the secrets of a very successful company that knows how to infuse passion from the bottom all the way to the top.

3. Entertaining the Possibilities at Southwest Airlines - How SWA got their start despite a rough beginning because they were willing to "entertain the possibilities" and ask themselves "can we do this?" Apparently, they thought they could because look at where they are today!

4. Acting on Intuition at Southwest - This is a story about what a flight attendant once did for an elderly passenger who missed her connection. It's a heartwarming story that all companies should pay heed to.

I hope you enjoy the re-posting of some of my earlier stories today. Be sure to comment if you feel inspired to do so. I love hearing from readers of AU. Have a great rest of the weekend! There's more coming in the coming days.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephen
Thanks for visiting my site and bringing me back to yours. These posts are tremendous and I've got a lot of inspiration and ideas from reading them (plus others on your site). My post today is "overcoming obstacles" and talks about you and links to this site.
I still use the affiliation software I reviewed and its certainly the best I have come across.
I look forward to reading more posts in future. Best wishes, David (How to have Great Self Confidence)

12:02 PM  
Blogger Stephen J. Hopson said...

David:

It was my pleasure to stop by your site and writing to you. I really enjoyed browsing through your uplifting articles. Like I mentioned in a private email to you, I found your writing style to reasonate with me, enhancing my reading enjoyment.

Thank YOU for stopping by here and especially for telling your readers about me! That was a tremendous gift that I hadn't expected!

Stephen

7:02 PM  
Blogger Alexys Fairfield said...

Hi Stephen,
I am hotel hopping at the moment because I was flooded out, but I will be back to read your posts as soon as I can. You have a great site and I look forward to reading.

Take care.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Stephen J. Hopson said...

Alexys:

I wasn't sure what you meant by flooding out until I learned more about it in your blog. My goodness! At least you're making it fun for yourself by imagining you're in different countries by hotel hopping! That's neat!

I look forward to reading more of yours too! You have a really colorful blog. Very nice.

Stephen

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home