Monday, September 17, 2007

10 Magical Ways to Feel More Abundant

NOTICE: We've Moved! Please click here to be taken to the new location!!

As a follow up to "The Importance of Feeling Good," I found some great ways of making myself feel financially abundant, regardless of the present state of my bank account. It works amazingly well because as I'm doing them, I truly get excited. According to the Law of Attraction, you have to feel good about abundance before it can flow into your experience.

I am and will always be a continuing student of the Law of Attraction. Even though I've heard of Jerry and Esther Hicks, a husband and wife team who teach Law of Attraction principles through a spirit guide named Abraham, it wasn't until recently when I felt inspired to learn more about them. One day I kept seeing their names all over the place and realized that the universe was sending me a message to look into their teachings. So I went on Amazon and ended up buying two of their books: The Law of Attraction and Ask and It is Given.

I read both of them in three days. Yes, three. They were that good. As a result, I was given some really great tips on fun ways to feel more abundant.

1. Withdraw a $100 bill from your bank account (an actual $100 bill, don't ask the teller to break it up into twenties, tens, etc.). Put it in your wallet or purse. Several times a day, open it and look at it. I don't know about you, but it's been a very long time since I've physically seen a $100 bill. But every time I see one, I get excited. As you go throughout the day, imagine spending it 20 or 30 times. Say to yourself, I can afford to get (name of product you see or think of). What will happen is you'll increase your financial well-being vibration by spending two or three thousand dollars a day. The universe sees that you are feeling good about money and will respond by giving you more of it. Why? Because here you're focusing on abundance, not the lack of it. For years I rarely carried cash on me. My wallet was always empty because I was using my debit card to keep track of expenditures by recording them on Quicken (financial software). Every time I opened my wallet to find it empty, how do you think it made me feel? What do you think will happen when I see a crisp $100 in there instead?

2. Create a fake bank account on your finance software (i.e. Quicken) or if you don't have one, buy yourself a ledger. On Day 1, deposit $1,000 and increase daily deposits by an extra $1,000. For example on Day 1=$1,000. Day 2=$2,000, Day 3=$3,000, Day 25=$25,000. Create at least one deposit and one withdrawal every day. Before you make a withdrawal, have some fun with it and do research. Find out how much something you really want costs. You want that high definition TV from Best Buy? Look it up and then go "buy it." Do you owe money on your car? Look up the balance and pay it off! Pretty soon you'll be feeling quite prosperous. The universe does not know the difference between your real bank or fake bank account. What it responds to is the level of emotion you're experiencing. And if you have fun with it and "play along," you won't be able to help but feel a tremendous measure of excitement.

Several months ago I created a fictitious account and deposited $1,000,000. But I let it sit there, not doing anything with it. Even though I was looking at it often (because I reconcile my bank account online every morning), it was not generating much excitement because it didn't feel "real." Following the suggestions of Abraham-Hicks, yesterday I made my first deposit of $1,000 to this account. Then I looked up the balance of my car loan and paid it off. Let me tell you--it generated so much excitement that I actually felt abundant the rest of the day! The simple act of entering my first deposit and adding it to the $1M balance and then paying off my car loan in one fell swoop significantly ratcheted my "good-feeling" UP on the emotional scale!

I'm going to do this for one year and see what happens. Why don't you try it? The key it to have fun with it. Let your inner child come out and play. Then watch what happens. You might want to keep a journal of what financial manifestations you start to experience after that.

3. Get yourself a "treasure box" (perhaps a cardboard box) and write "Treasure Box" on it. Every time you see a picture in a magazine of something you desire whether it be new clothes, a nice house, a big TV, cut it out and put it in your treasure box. Put the box in a place where you can see it every day. On the days you feel "down" for whatever reason, dip into the treasure box and look through the contents and re-inspire yourself. Absorb the energy it gives you and breathe it in. An alternative to this is to get yourself a bulletin board and tack up those pictures and words (or phrases) so that you can absorb the feelings your "vision board" gives you.

4. Look in your closet and wear the nicest clothes that you have in there. Wear whatever clothes make you feel "abundant." For me I love wearing attractive polo shirts and docker pants (or shorts). It makes me feel prosperous when I dress in "business casual" clothing. Give yourself the gift of buying a nice outfit once in a while so that you can feel more prosperous with the clothes you have just bought yourself. Consciously decide that you will wear something that makes you feel good. And then wear it often. Why not?

5. Do you have a dream car? Why not visit your local dealership and go for a test drive? It won't cost you anything. The salesman will give you a couple of brochures to take home. Then cut out pictures of your dream car and put it in your treasure box (or up on the vision board).

6. Go on a huge rampage of appreciation. Consciously appreciate the beauty of nature or send thank you cards to people who have made a difference in your life. Yesterday, I was at a small lake with a friend. The autumn air was cool but the sun was out in full force. The water was incredibly calm, reflecting the trees surrounding it. I drank it all in, consciously thanking God for such beauty. By the time I left, I was feeling content.

7. Tithe 10 percent of your income to whatever source (i.e. your church, a nonprofit group) that provides you with spiritual nourishment. What you give away, you get back.

8. Volunteer your time, effort and resources to help others. For instance, I like to mow the lawn for my church so when I am in town, I do it at least once a week. It gives me a sense of accomplishment and a feeling of giving back.

9. Be truly grateful that success is happening for others.

10. Treat yourself to a very expensive dinner or stay in a fancy hotel for one night. Give yourself the gift of luxury and take it all in throughout the experience. This will make it easier to remember the sights, smells, sounds, feelings and tastes when visualizing yourself living that way later. It's like taking your dream car for a test-drive. Because you've actually experienced it, you'll have an easier time visualizing it.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

12 Comments:

Blogger Nita said...

Interesting, Stephen. Hmmm...I might try that. Let me know how it works for you one year later. I am sure we'll still be touch by then! :)

Nita

8:15 AM  
Blogger Stephen J. Hopson said...

Nita:

Oh yes, most definitely. We'll still be in touch by then and if you keep it up every day, you're bound to see something manifesting. It's a matter of getting excited on whatever it is you're focused on.

Stephen

9:05 AM  
Blogger david hayes said...

Though I'm not really a fan of the "law" of attraction, this an interesting list. But I'd simplify it a little. My list would say:

1. Be grateful.

That's it. We always have so much more to be thankful for than we realize. All of your examples get at this, but complicate it.

The $100 dollar bill really shows how simple it can be. Seeing the bill just reminds you to be thankful for what you already have, in your bank account and in your life.

One of my favorite quotations is from the Buddha, who said: “Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.”

I like that simplicity.

All the best,
david

4:29 PM  
Blogger Stephen J. Hopson said...

David:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love interacting with readers of AU.

You said it perfectly. G-R-A-D-T-U-D-E is a very powerful energy for all of us. In fact, it's so powerful that if we can hold just a smidgen of gratitude, we'd be able to handle what comes our way.

I love the Buddha's quote that you mentioned. It's so true. It's all a matter of perception, isn't it?

Thanks for sharing David.

Stephen

7:57 PM  
Blogger Karen Putz said...

I get the same feeling whenever I'm up in Michigan at Christie Lake. I always return home feeling fulfilled.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Stephen J. Hopson said...

Karen:

Isn't that a wonderful discovery to have made for yourself?

They say that places like Peru and certain locations in England (can't remember the name of them) leave you feeling uplifted after a visit or two. I guess we don't necessarily have to go all the way over to those places to get inspired!

Thanks for sharing. By the way, where is Christie Lake? I guess I could do a google search. I used to live in Michigan but I'm not familiar with that lake. Perhaps it's way upstate? I'll take a look.

Stephen

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting post! i particularly like the treasure chest. like you with your first fictitious $1,000,000 i have something LIKE that (a collection of beautiful images on my computer) but a treasure chest would definitely be a step up.

it would be interesting to take this financial abundance thinking and turning it to other "resources" as well. what, for example, might be my personal if yet fictitious manifestation of all children all over the world getting enough food, love and education?

11:02 AM  
Blogger Stephen J. Hopson said...

Isabella:

I'm so glad you liked this list! If you get into the habit of doing at least one of the things on there, you can't help but take your "feel-good" emotions one step up the ladder. It helps you focus on abundance, rather than the lack of it, which I believe is the source of so many financial problems people have because they tend to focus on what they are lacking rather than what they are capable of having.

Thanks for stopping by Isabella!

Stephen

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Stephen -

As usual, you are an over achiever!

This is one of the best articles I have seen on the Law of Attraction.

I have a check written to myself for $500,000. displayed on my bookcase in front of my desk. I see it everyday. Don't know where that huge amount is coming from but I believe it.

Keep up the wonderful work. You are an inspiration to many!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Stephen J. Hopson said...

Corrine:

I've been an overachiever most of my life and I don't think I'll stop anytime soon!

That's wonderful you wrote yourself a check for $500,000 and put it where you can see it every day. The key is to not only "look at it" but to generate some emotional excitement. The universe does not respond only to our thoughts because it's a vibrationary (is that a such a word??0 universe, which means it draws to us whatever our emotions tell it to bring us.

I have a check for $1M on my desk and it's impossible not to see it. The key for me is not to just stare at it but generate some excitement. That can be a challenge if your ego tells you that it "doesn't feel it's real." That's why creating a fake account and actually go through the motions of making deposits and withdrawals for what you want is a great way to push up your emotional excitement several notches. That's what the universe will respond to. The more excited you are, the more it will draw to you what you want the most.

Thanks for being a faithful reader and for taking the time to comment.

Stephen

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful list of abundance processes here, Stephen. I'm glad you enjoyed the Abe books so much, too. They were my turning point, too.

Belle

8:50 PM  
Blogger Stephen J. Hopson said...

Belle:

Thanks!

Aren't the Abraham-Hicks books GOOD? I really enjoyed reading them. Right now, I'm reading a new book that Abrahams-Hicks kept mentioning (Seth Speaks). So far it's very interesting.

Thanks for stopping by - it's great to make a new friend here.

Stephen

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home